Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What I'd like to do someday.....

Sometimes I think of all the things I'd like to do "someday" My someday list is probably not like yours, and it shouldn't be. We should all have our own unique list. Things on my someday list sometimes move around in importance, and some have come and gone. I think about the list when I'm in my car driving (AGAIN!!!) to work. The first thing on the list is actually something I DON'T want to do... No. 1 - Someday I won't drive an hour to a job every day! (Not that I don't like my job, I do! I just would like the option someday of not having to work for someone else....) The rest of the things on the list are really in no particular order, and may change depending on my mood or degree of tiredness....

1. Go parachuting
1. Clean out my closets, drawers and garage and get rid of all my JUNK
1. Live in Mozambique and care for orphans
1. Vacation in the mountains every summer with someone special
1. Learn to play the bassoon
1. Sing in a community production of a Broadway show
1. Get a Master's Degree in something useful (as opposed to my now-useless Bachelor's Degree...)
1. Finish the hand-smocked dress I started for my daughter now that she has a daughter I can give it to...
1. Fall in love with the same man over and over every day for the rest of my life

OK, that's only a few of the things I think of putting on the list. No, it's not like the bucket list, I'm not sick or dying, just thinking and wishing. (And yes, they are all numbered 1, because that's where they may end up on the list....) someday!

4 comments:

... said...

I like yer list.. well, except for the whole jumping out of a perfectly good airplane thing.. I'm not into that kind of thing.. but everything else sounds good.. GO FOR IT!

SisterOne said...

I'm actually thinking of doing a jump for my next birthday - it's one of those big "0" birthdays....

Unknown said...

I can hook you up with a skydiving buddy - remember my friend Sarah? She works at Skydive Dallas I think.

MarmiteToasty said...

The only way I would jump out of an aeroplane is if some bugger lobbed me out, its hard enough getting me up in the air let alone bloody jumping out through choice :)

x