Tuesday, May 13, 2008

One more step...

I took a STEP yesterday.... one I've been working on for a while. It was a really BIG STEP, and I hope it leads to a great adventure! I had to side-step (pun intended!) my regular routine to finalize the STEP, but it was worth the minimal delay in my otherwise crowded daily routine.

Sometimes the preparation to take a STEP is quite a learning experience... I know this one was for me. This STEP required a bit more introspection than is generally comfortable for me, but once the STEP was taken, I felt an incredible peace. The next STEP is out of my hands, and all I have to do is wait for a response...

This STEP has a lot to do with leaving my heart in Mozambique... Here it is.... I have submitted my application packet to be considered for full-time missionary appointment. I'd like to work in Mozambique, establishing children's homes for children orphaned and abandoned as a result of the rampant AIDS epidemic in Southern Africa. Yes, that's a BIG STEP, especially at my age, but one can't walk around with half a heart, hey? No, my heart wasn't stolen in Mozambique, I gladly gave it away, and I'll continue to give it away, as long as it's beating....

No comments: