Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Numbers....

Sometimes numbers are just numbers... but sometimes numbers are unfeeling, unwavering, unyielding tyrants scheming to rob us of our dreams.... an emotionless reduction of tangible needs and intangible wants to a list of simple digits... some on this side, some on that side, depending upon their source and destination... they move in and out, up and down, with military precision, 2+2 ALWAYS equaling 4, no matter the weather, mood or circumstance.... the only digit with any flexibility is the lowly zero - in some places it is merely nothing, while in other places it becomes a place-holder, a representation of more than nothing, but still nothing of itself... but I digress...

When the numbers represent dollars, and the numbers aren't big enough, it REALLY gets me down... my fundraising goals have not been met, so I decided to get creative with the numbers...



Here are the GOOD numbers! (...if numbers can have moral attributes... hmmmm... but I digress again...)

Pre Field Budget Raised - $22,013.04
Pre Field Budget Need - $4754.96


Now for the OTHER numbers...

Monthly Pledges Raised - $830.00
Monthly Pledges Needed - $2270.00



SO, if 227 people will pledge just $10/mo each...

OR, if 151 people will pledge just $15/mo each...

OR, if 90 people will pledge just $25/mo each...
(I think you get where I'm going with this... )


Looking at it in a different way, $60,000.00 in cash will meet ALL my goals, and finish my support needs for two years on the field... (so, if any of you know anyone with an extra 60K sitting around that they NEED to donate to a worthy, tax-deductable charity, point them my way!)


I've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there....

No comments: