Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New year, new goals...

What is it about the turning of the year that compels us to set new goals? My goals have always been moving targets, not stationary objects... My goals change as I change... The ultimate goal remains the same, but the intermediate goals need to be adjusted from time to time... So, some of the goals I have set before me have changed a bit... I am still preparing for a two-year mission to the Congo, and I'm more convinced than ever that this is God's will, and that He will provide exactly what I need, exactly when I need it... The timing has now been pushed back to early June, to coincide with the travel plans of the missionaries there... That will allow me more time to work and save money in preparation, as well as to prepare myself physically and spiritually. When my dad asked me what my New Year's Resolution was for this new year, I said, "It's not about me..." That has become my new theme, and perhaps even my mission statement... I have been blessed with so much I don't deserve, I just want to share it with those in need... Whether they need a hug, someone to hold their hand, listen, teach, or just be a friend, that's what I want to be... To quote a famous person, "Mankind is my business...", one person at a time...

No comments: