Thursday, October 23, 2008

Some of the reasons....

I thought I would share a few of the reasons I want to go back to Mozambique...

These boys were living on the streets, suffering
from malnutrition... they are now happy, healthy boys
who can play and have fun instead of begging or stealing to survive...



Teaching girls a marketable skill keeps them off the streets, and gives them
hope for a job when they finish school...



Rosina is wearing the first pair of new shoes she
has ever had... I bought them for 50 cents at the dollar store...


I love to hold babies! These guys were just visiting...
they are the nephews of one of the workers...





This home currently houses 40 children... for every child rescued from a life on the streets, there are still hundreds more who need the simplest things we take for granted...

a safe place to sleep, something to wear, something to eat, someone to trust...

It takes so little to do so much....

No comments: