Tuesday, January 6, 2009

And it all starts over again...

OK, now that Christmas is behind us (in more ways than one, ugghhh!) the New Year is upon us (again, in more ways than one, eewww, gotta get back on that treadmill!), now what? I have so much to look forward to this year, but I'm still waiting for the final paperwork so I can get started! So, here's a look back at some of the fun things I did...

Carly came along early in the year, making me a grandmother for the second time. I think I'm liking this grandmother thing! This photo was taken the day I saw Carly for the first time, on my way home from the airport. Silly little girl couldn't wait for Mamaw to get home from Africa! That was OK, though, because her daddy sent me photos almost immediately! Isn't the Internet wonderful!

It snowed 8 inches in March! Hey, this is Texas, for Pete's sake, it's not supposed to snow here! Then a couple of weeks later, it was a beautiful day for the Easter Egg Hunt! That's more like it! (yeah, notice those manly legs in the background, wearing shorts!)
Graduation happened, and then summer...

Caleb loves Grandpa's tractor!

Fall and football... that's my niece in the football pads, flirting with the players as usual (She's 4, and a very silly girl! Her daddy's a coach, so she spends a LOT of time at football games...)

Carly grew and grew and grew!

Once this year I got inspired and baked whole wheat bread FROM SCRATCH! (not that frozen stuff you get at the supermarket!) Yeast bread rising smells so good!

The obligatory Thanksgiving family pose... (after the football game, of course!)


....and SUDDENLY it's Christmas again! Where does the time go? Now we get to do it all over again... I hope and pray that 2009 will be as much fun as 2008!

No comments: